Spring is known for the season for blooming flowers, and cleaning (hence the term “spring cleaning”). If you are Catholic, it’s also around/during lent. Forget starting New Years resolutions, this is the perfect time to bloom your ideas and projects. Usually, people give up something for lent that is hard for them to give up for the next 40 days leading up to Easter. Last year, I gave up meat for the full 40 days. It was tough, and decided not to do that one again. If you don’t do lent, that’s fine you can still use spring as a way to get rid of the negative, and bring out the positive vibes.
Instead of giving up something this year, I decided to add good habits to my life for the next 40 days. Good habits that are hard for me to keep up with, and would require some kind of time sacrifice. I don’t know about y’all, but me personally the hardest thing for me to give is my time (even giving myself time). I’m considering that starting these good habits will be a type of “spring cleaning” of my life. Also, one lent two years ago I gave up social media, and came back 40 days later with this blog.
This spring means business for me. I’m going all in. Like I said, instead of giving up something to eat I’m going to add these positive habits in to my routine for the next 40 days and hopefully build a habit enough to keep it for the rest of the year.
Here is my list of good habits I’m adding:
- Workout 5x a week (something that does my body good, but requires me to make time for it. Usually after work I’m exhausted, and all I want to do is sleep.)
- Read 10 pages on a book everyday
- Do a blog post once a week.
- Work on my new project everyday to make it available to all of you by the end of this month (top secret right now, but super excited to tell y’all when it gets closer to launching 😉)
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Do random acts of kindness
- Tell people you care about you love them more often (life is short)
I hope to hear from y’all soon,
P.S- let me know of anything you would like for me to post about.
These photographers would not be this beautiful without the following people feel free to follow them on social media: